Friday, July 10, 2015

Purging Clutter

I have begun a purge.  I felt compelled to buy a book called, The life-changing magic of tidying up.  I hadn't read 10 pages until I purged two large trash bags full of clothes and scarves. 

I am not sure where this purge will lead me, but I am excited to find out.  The people who know me, know that I am frugal.  I love to re-purpose, I love to recycle, I love to find new uses for old things.  But I was feeling stressed all the time.  Feeling like I never got caught up, like I never got things cleaned up, like I never got to the things that I enjoy doing.  I felt unhappy and sad.  So, I started the purge. 

Today when I got to work, I continued the purge in my office.  This is more challenging, because there are lots of things I need to keep.  But there are lots of things I don't.  I threw away, filed away, cleaned and tidied my office.  It felt good to leave on Friday afternoon with a clean (er) office. 

I continued at home, still working on my closet.  More came out.


Cute hair accessories, old nail polish, cute vintage Samsonite luggage,

purses, etc. etc.  As I sat down for a popcorn snack, I went through magazine clippings of recipes I wanted to try and purged more.  (As I'm purging, I'm adding more recipes to my recipe blog, check it out here.)

I am planning to continue all this weekend, at least Saturday.  It feels good.  It feels fresh.  I am not sure what  else I will change after finishing the book, but am excited to see.  I am hoping to purge lots of negative thoughts in the process.  More to be revealed....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment